Friday, November 14, 2008

A week of craziness!!

Wow, it's been an interesting past week! Last weekend we were packed up and heading north to go to our other "daughter" Dani Emmy's wedding (Congrats to Dani and Tyson!). On the way there, Amanda became violently ill. We turned around and took her home, and then once more headed on our way. However, upon reaching Beaver we turned around again to go be with her. Lucky we did too. Turns out she had an ovarian cyst burst and was in massive amounts of pain. We took her to the doctor and she's feeling much better now. Back to her usually happy sunny self!
We're getting ready for Thanksgiving this year and we're so excited! Abbie is going to come down (for just a day, because she has to work most of it) and we're already planning the food we're going to cook!
We've also begun our Christmas shopping, trying to get it done a little bit before the craziness. With a new house this holiday season, we're going to have to find some new hiding places for all those presents! Good thing our kids were never ones for peaking.

4 comments:

Hansen Family said...

I am so glad your a blogger now! I miss you lots adn can't wait to see you guys again. Tell jane i am glad she is doing better

Marianne said...

Hi Laura!

I found your blog through Abbie's. I hope it's OK! Fun to see your pictures and your family doing so well! Welcome to the World of Blogging! Feel free to check in ours anytime! Miss you all!

Sorry about Amanda. Brittany deals with the same thing all of the time. It's not fun.

Gardner Clan said...

Ahh, isn't life crazy busy these days? I only have one child too! I miss you guys tons. I am glad to hear all is going better with Jane and all. I love ya and hope to see you all again soon.

LANKY and KARIS said...

Hello! How the heck are you? I miss you guys. cute family. Everyone has grown up so big! Love you guys! Happy Holidays